A few years ago I went to a trusted counselor/prayer person with one of ‘those’ secrets. I was expecting quite the dramatic time of tears and vomiting, but no, a lights on and truth telling changed everything.
Here’s what she shared:
As one woven by our Creator, we are designed with roots of character that define us. What often happens is that darkness – choices – life’s events can take this God given root and twist it.
Here are some examples of twisted roots.
- You protect those around you with your silence over challenging behavior. Could this be your God given root of integrity is gnarled.
- You are bolshy and arrogant – has your root of boldness been twisted?
- You fear confrontation and allow compromise. Has your root of being a peacemaker wandered?
- You have a tendency to bully. But God’s plan for you was inner-strength.
- God has created you with a sensitive spirit. A characteristic easily distorted as you become bothered about a person’s thoughts and opinions. Often becoming the fear of man.
- You are created in His image. Circumstances have forced an opposite opinion of your character and your body image.
The God-given roots of your created character need the truth of God’s word and LOVE spoken over them.
Lord, for some of us, this is a lifetime of habits
We choose to partner with truth today,
Give us grace for ourselves and help us to stop being our own accuser.
Show us your truth; show us how to unravel lies.
Untwist warped roots into your created image.
Reveal in us our signature self – the person you dreamed up before the foundation of the world.
You promise LIFE ABUNDANTLY
Let us tune into the cheers of heaven today.
You are loved,
But blessed is the one who trusts in Me alone;
the Eternal will be his confidence.
He is like a tree planted by water,
sending out its roots beside the stream.
It does not fear the heat or even drought.
Its leaves stay green and its fruit is dependable, no matter what it faces.
Joining in today with….